The Fiber Optic OTDR JDSU MTS-8000 is a field-scalable optical test platform for both installation and maintenance. Based on the rich MTS-5000 heritage, the MTS-8000 is the industry's most innovative and cost-effective test solution for metro networks. A single Transport Module provides an integrated solution for Ethernet, SONET, SDH, PDH, and T-carrier networks. Optical Modules allow thorough testing of short-haul, long-haul, FTTx, CWDM, and DWDM networks.
Fiber Optic OTDR JDSU MTS-8000 Key Features:
1. Configure with numerous application modules and a variety of storage media, including floppy disk, USB memory stick, and read/write CD-ROM.
2. All application modules are field-installable so that existing MTS-5000 users can simply field install the optical plug-in by adding an extender.
3. A Large color transreflective display is offered as standard for improved visibility for use in direct sunlight. A touchscreen option is available.
4. Extended battery life with up to 2 Lithium ion cells.
5. Base unit can house Visual Fault Locator (635 nm), Power Meter (800 to 1650 nm), and Optical Talkset (45 dB) options.
6. Optical talkset allows both communication and file transfer along the fiber.
7. Comprehensive suite of PC software tools for post-processing of test results via OFS100 FiberTrace Software and OFS200 FiberCable Software.